RE: Questions

This is an extremely helpful analysis.  I didnt ask the question, but did
need to know.  THANKS, Michael  K3MH

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Gary "Joe" Mayfield
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 5:33 PM
To: Ronald A. Stunden; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Questions

The metal boom, my favorite question.  Everyone has to do what works best
for them, but I have used a lot of metal crossbooms with good luck.  The
only actual study of it I have ever seen agrees that it can be used as long
as one very small area is avoided.  Check out:

http://www.g6lvb.com/fibermetalboom.htm

I'll let the others answer about the 2400 MHz beacons, as I am only now
getting a station back together.

73,
Joe
ks5z