Re[2]: AO40 RCV and Icom CIV

Hello Keith,

> At 11:36 AM 11/19/2003 -0500, Keith McDonnell wrote:

>>Hello to all,
>>Is there anyone out there using the AO40RCV software with and Icom rig?
>>I am looking for the actual serial commands to type into the rig control
>>screen to control the UP/DOWN freq. changes.
>>I have been to ALL the websites regarding the protocol, read up on the CIV
>>functions, and still can't make it work.
>>I am just looking for the actual command lines, please don't direct me to
>>any sites, I've seen them all.
>>Thank you to all, and happy, healthy holidays!
>>73, Keith  KG2IX

I think cat control for A040Rcv will not work so exact as mic click,
because mic click depends really on the frequency offset in the program
itself while cat control will be influenced by several factors like drift of
L/O of your converter by temperature and also drift of the frequency at the
satellite itself. Insofar is the proposal of Kevin WA6FWF the better
solution. I myself am using an old YAESU FT-290RII with mic click control,
and it works just perfect all through the orbit. My IC-910 I am using for
satellite QSO operation.

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM