AO-16 on a mobile antenna indoors

While my G5500 azimuth rotator has been down for repairs I've been listening with a mobile magnetic mount inside the shack - I was able to decode quite a few packets from AO-16 using MixW (1200 Baud Satellite PSK) with the 847 set to USB on receive the other day.

The old bird really booms in - in the past AO-16 was very strong on my yagi's and this is the first I've tried with a mobile antenna.

Don Woodward
KD4APP