From: Emily Clarke [mailto:w0eec@amsat.org]
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 12:54 PM
To: mike@hatzakis.net; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-27

AO-27 has been in TLM mode only and isn't operational.

The only phone satellite that are operational are:
AO-7 - generally Mode B but can come up in Mode A
FO-29 - Working fine
SO-41 - intermittent Mode J-FM
SO-50 - Mode J-FM - requires a 67 hertz PL tone.  Also requires a control
op to turn it on.
AO-40 - Mode U/S and L/S are operational from MA60 to MA 230 but the
squints may be too high for lower gain dishes

You can get dribs and and drabs out of FO-20 but it's not reliable.

You can find more satellite information at the Project Oscar website at:
http://www.projectoscar.net

73,

Emily W0EEC

At 10:09 AM 11/16/2003 -0800, mike@hatzakis.net wrote:
>Been trying to work AO-27.  Just worked AO-7 and FO-29, but this one eludes
>me.  Is it just me, or is this satellite not operational?
>
>Michael  K3MH

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA - Project OSCAR
http://www.projectoscar.net
http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC
http://www.experthams.net/ao7