Re: R: NEW: backfire helix webpage

Hi Dom,
Yes, the QFH is an excellent choice for a reflector feed for deep
dishes.  It does well even with f/D<0.25 with proper dimensioning.
Of course, it is a bit more difficult to realize mechanically--but it gives
an excellent result.
I would be interested in an English version myself, if it becomes available.
Thanks Dom!

At 05:47 2003-11-16, i8cvs wrote:
>Hi Tony NX7U,
>
>I have written an article on backfire and endfire quadrifilar helix antennas
>for 2400 MHz both RHCP and LHCP that will be published by the
>AMSAT-DL Journal December 2003/January 2004
>
>"Experimental Investigation with Quadrifilar Helix Antennas for 2400 MHz"
>
>My english text has been translated in german by Reinhard DJ1KM but
>i can supply in addition the english text if someone is interested on it.
>
> From my pattern and circularity measurements it follows that a endfire
>LHCP Quadrifilar Helix antenna because of no reflector needs is ideal
>as a low blockage feed for small diameter dishes with low F/D in the
>range of 0,3 to 0,4 or less.
>
>As soon i have the AMSAT-DL Journal in my hand i will informe you.
>
>73" de i8CVS Domenico

Scott Townley NX7U
Gilbert, AZ  DM43di
http://members.cox.net/nx7u