Re: IC-910 / 3731

  Tony AA2TX wrote:

>I think Paul Wade (W1GHZ) has something similar on his
>web site that will calculate the feed blockage for you
>(HDL_ANT) or something like that.
>
>Ok, so fess-up now, how do you get no blockage from a 60 cm
>prime focus dish at 2.4 GHz?

Tony,

I would guess that Scott is using a back-fire helical antenna. "Antennas
2nd Edition " by Kraus page 329. It may not yield zero blockage, but it
is certainly minimal.

A feed blockage approximation (assumes field distribution tapering
to zero at the edge of a center feed dish) is included in a dish design
spreadsheet found at:

http://home.hiwaay.net/~mmarcus/download/Dish_Design.xls

73,

Gene W3PM GM4YRE