Re: American Ops on AO-40??]

Oops, I left the flame on parameter in the incorrect position...
With the present status of AO-40 in mind, My comments were not directed
as derogatory towards any Geographical area. (I also find that this
bulletin area has many quick to comment on anything)  I also realize
what the future predictions bring and look forward to them becoming more
favorable as most "Western" continent operators understand.  I just had
to respond to the lack of U.S. operators status on AO-40 since our
European counterparts (and thanks for the donations to AMSAT-NA) seem to
be more passionate with Satellite operations. This can be verified by
looking at the statistics of operators broken down by country. Having a
satellite that is presently on a 3 month oscillation is not a crowd
gathering idea of participation in satellite operation.  AO-40 is
presently (I think I left this word out in my previous comment) in a
favorable European status.
As an AMSAT-NA local coordinator, I answer and meet with many present &
future satellite operators asking for financial support, giving
explanations of satellite physical properties and trying to raise
enthusiasm in operators to get up at 2am falls on deaf ears.  (My ears
are filled with "why didn't AMSAT do this or that or..." and I DO pass
on the comments to the "Board" !)  AMSAT members worlwide should
remember that volunteers and donations make satellites that all can use
become reality.  Active memberships insures future operations.
And... I sit here at @13:30 UTC and my prediction for AO-40 is 12 hours
until it is in view and in an operational mode--- during a Retirement
dinner I am attending for a fellow ham.  Oh, well, maybe I can get
another membership for AMSAT-NA during the dinner(?)
73,

NB2F, Dee
NJ Area Co-ordinator/flame off