AO-40 mobile

Hi all,

I've worked today AO-40 from mobile when the bird was 32.000 km from me and
with 7.5º squint from IM78.

My setup:

UPLINK: Kenwood TM-455 with my comet SBB-5 dual band mobile antenna (fixed
on the roof of my car).

DOWNLINK: Kenwood TH-F7E HT with a pair of earbuds + Wimo PA-13R-20 Flat
Panel Antenna (33cm x 33cm) with a DB6NT converter.

The car was stopped in the side of the road and I was seated in my car with
the flat antenna behind the window (the antenna is smaller than the window)
and the signals were very strong. I tried to uplink to the satellite and I
could hear my own downlink strong.

I have worked only one station because when I started my mobile operation
the bird was near to MA 230, and I had only a few minutes. I 'll try to work
mobile via AO-40 more times because I travel a lot (I could work from the
following grids: IM78, IM79, IN80, IM68 and a few more).

This is a very interesting experience for me.

Thank you very much Peter KC2HLI for the very nice QSO!!!

Best 73s to all from Spain and hope to hear you via AO-40.

Pedro EB4DKA