Primestar Dish and Helix

Hi all!

Been working on the Primestar dish for the S-Band downlink of AO-40 and have a question about the reflector at the helix.  I found, and cuta 5 inch circle of Anodized Aluminum sheeting.  When testing the antenna for short between the helix and ground plane I noticed something interesting.  If I touch the ground plane surface with both probes I would not get a shorted reading.  However, when I touch the sides I get the shorted reading.  Normally metal to metal would show such.  My assumption is the anodization of the surface is noconductive.  IF this is the case, would it make a good reflector?  Would I be better trying to find a piece of aluminum to take its place or stick with the one I have in place?

Jeff
WB3JFS