[Fwd: Re: American Ops on AO-40??]

To All non American continent stations.

About American ops. --Like others here in U.S.A., we work for a living.
Personally, I get up at 5am(local) and must get some sleep so I check
the inside of my eyeballs for pinholes around 9-10pm. The satellite is
oriented such now that the ops modes are much later locally and much
earlier locally so when the normal American is sleeping,the satellite is
operational.  Now, even as an avid AMSAT enthusiast, My operational time
is limited and this is 'most' hams here predicament.

Now when the newer satellites are put up, hopefully the times will be
floating instead of this "same time each night" phenomenon we are
experiencing presently.  Also, the "same time each night" was a selling
point of phase 3D(AO40) if you remember. Only arranged for the European
continent.

The past few nights I sat down intending to operate Ao-40, and found
these conditions with last night's ops starting at 2am(?) so I decided
sleep was more important.

Check local times of the area you wish to communicate with in the
future. While you may be operating during normal daylight hours, others
may be adjusting pillows & blankets. (Hi, Hi.)

Just a note--

73,

NB2F, Dee