Re: ICOM IC820 vs IC821?

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 06:15  PM, Anthony Monteiro wrote:

> H Doug,
>
> The major issue I recall is that the IC-820 needs a
> mod to do 9.6K data on satellites.
>
> The IC-821 fixed this.

And none of the IC-820H main receiver's controls (IF Shift, etc) worked
while in
satellite mode.  The IC-821H had two full receivers with equal
capability.
I believe the IC-820H could only tune in steps of 100 Hz making it poor
for
doppler correction on the digital satellite modes.

I only got about half of what I paid for the IC-820H on resale. Thanks
Icom...

73
Mike W4LNA