Sapphire Digipeats

During this evening's pass over central USA, I digipeated some packets via
Sapphire (KE6QMD).  With the terminal illness of PCsat and while waiting
for the ARISS equipment to come alive, Sapphire is the only reliable AX.25
packet digipeater in space.

It is 10 dB harder to hear, because the downlink is on 437.100 +/-
DOppler, but the uplink on 145.945 using the digipeater callsign of KE6QMD
is comparable to PCsat.  We will need some automated tracking stations to
insert the downlink into the global APRS network...

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

MIM/Mic-E/Mic-Lite  http://ssdl.stanford.edu/mims/