Re: IC-910 / 3731

At 06:02 PM 11/13/2003 -0500, Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:

>What sets the gain characteristics apart from a 600mm center fed pay tv dish
>and G3RUH's 60cm center fed dish? Also, why are offset feed dishes not good
>below 30 degrees south latitude? Is the converse true for 30 degrees north?
>
>73, Drew KO4MA

Hi Drew,

Nice to hear from you (enjoyed the symposium!)

I don't see how a center fed 60cm dish could work very
well since the feed blockage is so severe at 2.4 GHz
whereas a 60cm offset-fed would seem passable if
fed correctly. Don't you think?

I think most of the problems with offset fed dishes
is that people try to feed them with a helix which
picks up too much ground noise.

Any comments?

Tony AA2TX