Re: Satellite Contacts for Awards

W4SCO wrote:

Can satellite contacts be used for DXCC, WAS, WAC, etc or just for Amsat
(etc) satellite awards?

If so I might start keeping one copy of my LOG WINDOW computer log for my
HF/VHF contacts and another copy of my log program for satellite contacts.

W9AE replies:

Satellite contacts can only be counted for satellite awards.  All the other
awards prohibit repeater devices.

LogWindow should allow satellite and terrestrial contacts to coexist in the
same log without corrupting the "Reports" functions.  It should be a simple
matter to filter satellite contacts from all non-satellite reports such as
DXCC, WAS, CQ zones, VUCC, etc.

LogWindow also needs the provision to generate a "Satellite VUCC" report,
similar to the existing "Satellite DXCC", "Satellite WAS", and "Satellite
WAZ" reports.

Telling customers to keep two separate logs is an unacceptable "solution".
Fix the non-satellite reports and add a satellite VUCC report, and I will
gladly pay for an upgrade!  And then you can promote LogWindow on amsat-bb
with a clear conscience.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA