Re: UO-14 Alternate ?

    I think SO-50 would be a good alternative if the main control station in
    USA would release the procedure that everybody could open the sat
    transponder, and not only the few control stations.

I think that is something for Saudi control station to do (in'sh'Allah).
Rather than releasing that information, for North American i'd rather see
a two stations operating on some kind of automated basis, preferably in
northeastern Canada, and in far northwestern Canada or Alaska.  These two
stations could either activate SO-50 on a specific schedule and/or at times
requested via the network (e-mail and/or via WWW, depend on that station's
network connectivity). Then the Saudi control station could also tell these
two stations when not to activate it, even if their owners aren't available
to read e-mail or whatever.  That at least might cover the passes starting
from the Arctic region.  Maybe two more automated stations, in Florida and
San Diego (or western Mexico), for passes going the other direction.