Re: Satellite Contacts for Awards

Non AMSAT satellite operating awards are also offered:

ARRL:  Worked all States,  WAS, on Satellite, work all 50 states and
provide qsl cards

            VHF/UHF Century Club, VUCC work a minimum of 100 grids via
any voice satellite

            DX Century Club, DXCC, work a minimum of 100 different
countries (entities) on a voice satellite

IARU Worked All Continents, WAC, for working all 6 continents on a voice
satellite
            The IARU Secretariat at ARRL HQ can only check cards for US
hams.

CQ-DX by CQ magazine also offers an award for working a minimum of 50
entities by satellite

CQ-WPX is devoid of a satellite award program... problem needs fixing.....

CQ Worked All Zones, WAZ, has a satellite award for working a minimum of
25 zones via a voice satellite

By voice satellite I mean any satellite with at least a voice grade
linear transponder. SSB , RTTY SSTV, are OK
the PACSAT satellite do not count for any ARRL AWARD program. ISS and
space shuttle contacts do not count.
The capability of a real time communication is the criteria. Store and
forward sats do not count.

If you need cards checked for the ARRL Awards, let me know.

Stan, WA1ECF
Accredited as:
ARRL VHF/UHF award manager for VUCC
ARRL HF Award Manager for WAS