Re: Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 22:57:50 -0700

Hi Dick,

The beacon is really strong, even when the squint is high.
You should be able to easily hear the beacon with your
set-up. Heck, I can hear the beacon without a dish
using just a feed!

Here are a few things to try:

1. Did you account for the magnetic declination?
See: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/seg/gmag/declination1.pl

2. Did you tune far enough around where you thought the beacon
    would be? Downconverters are often off by 10 KHz or more

3. Did you account for the Doppler-shift? This can also be a
    surprisingly high amount.

4. On 11/9/2003, The satellite should be visible anytime after
    around 7-8 PM your time.

Any luck?

73,
Tony AA2TX