Re: Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 22:57:50 -0700

Rick,

It looks like we have identical stations.  This is where an S-band signal
source comes in handy.  There have been previous posts on this and I don't
know the URL off the top of my head, so you will have to search the archives
for that.

I don't know what the squint was when you were attempting to receive and the
sat may not have been transmitting as Nick said.  Anyway, your problem
probably lies with the pointing to the sat.  When you mounted the dish how
did you level it?  Since it is an offset fed dish it doesn't seem to point
where you think it may be pointing.  Follow the instructions at this URL:
http://www.n3iyr.com/Aiming/aiming.html and look at the picture.  You can see
the level on the feed arm.  If you haven't mounted it this way, it would be
pure luck to find the bird.

Phil