Re: Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 22:57:50 -0700

Rick first point the antenna at the sun and see if you get a couple of db
increase in the noise then you know that the receiver is working. Then if
you fail to here the beacon there are three things left

1. not pointing to the sat
2. not on frequency
3. sat not  transmitting

Here  is how I work the pointing and frequency unknowns. First I set the
elevation with a inclinometer form Sears $ 11 bucks the I guess at the
azimuth and then I scan the frequency 100 kHz. If I have no joy I
incremental change the azimuth and do the frequency scan again..

good luck
nick

> I am trying to get my satellite equipment working.  Using Unitrac 2000,
> Icom 910, N3IYR's dish, and a UEK-3000 S-band converter mounted on the
back
> of the dish.
>
> I have not been able to receive any signals (including the S band beacon)
at