73, doug

   From: "Rick Fletcher, KG6IAL" <rick@teksharp.com>
   Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:21:28 -0800

   Some clarifcations:

   (1) The DB6NT L-band power amp uses the same M57762 module as does the
   Parabolic AB unit; therefore, its 20W rating is at 1296MHz, not AO-40's
   1268/1269 uplinks, where its output is the same as that for the Parabolic
   PA.

   (2) The Parabolic system includes a mast-mounted environmental enclosure for
   the PA - the DB6NT does not.

   (3) The Parabolic in-shack upconverter will power the remote PA over the
   coax.  With the DB6NT unit, you have to supply DC to the remote PA via
   either external DC cabling or a "high current" bias tee.

   (4) For max power out of the PA, the Parabolic system will allow for up to
   100 ft. of LMR-400 between the upconverter and the PA whereas the DB6NT
   system is limited to around 65 ft. separation beyond which more expensive
   feedline will be required.

   73,

   Rick, KG6IAL
   www.teksharp.com