-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 7:03 PM
To: w9ae@earthlink.net
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: U to L1 Band up convertor

   Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:19:39 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
   From: Wayne Estes W9AE <w9ae@earthlink.net>

   TekSharp (Rick KG6IAL) sells a U to L (435-439 MHz converted to
   1268-1272 MHz) transmit converter that is manufactured by Parabolic
   in Sweden.  It is probably the cheapest commercially-made U to L
   transmit converter.

   http://www.teksharp.com

It looks as if the DB6NT equipment is comparable in price.  The
Parabola upconverter puts out 100mw ($250), the DB6NT (230 EUR) puts
out 1W.  The associated amplifiers, Parabola at $380. puts out 15W;
the DB6NT at 255 EUR puts out 20W.

The Euro is currently at $1.14, so 230 EUR equals 262 USD, and 255 EUR
is 292 USD.

73, doug