AO-40 and Field Day 2004

Some comments on the amsat-bb regarding next year's Field Day prompted me
to take a look at AO-40's operating conditions around the end of June 2004.
The results are not good.  We will be in a situation quite similar to where
we will be in two weeks from now.  The ALAT will be moving up in
preparation for the drift phase, and the passbands will be off most or all
of the time.

However, things look quite good for the end of June 2005.
...and moderately good (ALON/ALAT will need to be ~ 10/0) for June 2006.