Re: Icom IC 820D

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2003/11/06 23:10:04 Keith Bainbridge wrote:
> Just wondering if any of the JA amateurs who read this have experience
> modifying the IC820D local JA model to cover 144-148 mhz, I've done the
> recommended mod but still having problems. It's my standby/portable sat
> radio and it would be nice to get it to cover the fm repeater section as
> well

  Please check the manufacture's panel attached on your IC-820D. If
there is "J Mark" (Alphabet "J" in the triangle) , it is un-extendable
TX over 146MHz because of Japanese regulation.
  In Japan, between 146-148MHz is used for police, fire or weather
telemetry service. In the old days there were many illegal guys who
tried to modify their 2m radio to extend over 146MHz, and it had became
social problem. Now all JA versioan V/UHF radio has "J-Mark" that means
UNEXTENDABLE TX RANGE.

  73 de Yoshi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR/T88IY
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY,V63BP