Re: Patch feed vs. Helix ???

Jeff,

You have to choose between the patch or the helix
based on the f/d of your dish. If it is deep, you need
less gain (broader beamwidth) to efficiently
illuminate it, and then the patch is ideal. If it is
shallow (0.45 or larger), you may want to use a helix.
Go to W1GHZ web site for information on number of
turns as a function of f/d.

See you off the moon or AO40.

73, Marc N2UO