RE: Attenuator

From: Emily Clarke Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Attenuator

It's for CATV/TV, which would indicate it would probably be from about
50MHz to 900MHz, so handling a 2m IF from a downconverter should be no
worry.  At the price I'm sure it's not precise nor could it handle any
power through it (which means put the 6db attenuator/fuse between it and
the transceiver.)  But for the price it's a handy thing to have in the shack.

73,

- Emily

I've been using one of these since moving from a Drake to a TSI right after S1 died, and can tell you it will take brief 50 watt "accidents" pretty easily. Just don't do what I did first and put the inserter between it and the rig, because that most certainly doesn't work ;-). I guess the guys using internal preamp power up the coax are out of luck too. Seems simple but easy to overlook.

73, Drew KO4MA