Important QSL Card Information

I went to have my (well your) QSL cards checked for VUCC - Satellite
today.  It was the first time I've ever worked with an ARRL card checker
for an award, and it was a real eye opening experience.  Eight cards were
disqualified because they were missing specific information or had
discrepancies. (Fortunately I had brought some extras so I still qualified.)

Some of the discrepancies were:

- wrong callsign (person changed calls, sent out a card with the old call
but never wrote anything about the new one)
- missing grid square
- wrong grid square (in fact, the grid on the card was at least 2000 miles
from the address on the card)
- wrong grid (someone moved, gave me their new grid over the air, which
agrees with QRZ, but sent out a card with their old address and grid)
- no indication that it was a satellite contact (either no satellite name
or only one frequency)
- no date/time of contact
- one person didn't provide their callsign

The card checker indicated that there are four things they really require
to accept a QSL card.

1) Callsign
2) Grid square
3) Contact method (either satellite name or frequency)
4) A signature from the sender (just a friendly greeting like "thanks for
the contact, 73, signature)

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA - Project OSCAR
http://www.projectoscar.net
http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC
http://www.experthams.net/ao7