FT1Z on AO-40 in 2004

Thank you Jean-Louis, for the info.  However MOST of us in North America
will again be left out of this operation because of the AO-40 orbit.  I
have looked ahead via InstantTrack and find that only the very north east
 and north west corners of the continent will have any window and that
will be very limited and short.  Congratulations on AMSAT/F for their
efforts in getting such a rare entity on satellite.  It appears that we
will have to await the launch of P3D before it's possible to work FT/Z..
The window between MF81tx and DN81kq simply does not exsist any time
during AO40's orbit.  I am not complaining nor trying to make any issue
of this.  Only my current observations concerning a station that will
soon arrive on AO-40.  I sincerely hope that his equipment will arrive
there safely and that  Sebastien will be able to make many satellite
DXers happy!!!

Hi all

Sebastien, who got yesterday his ham license (congratulations !), will be
active for one year (2004) on AO-40 (and LEOs) from Amsterdam Island
(FT1Z,
locator MF81TX).
He plans to be also active on 50 MHz, and on HF as soon as the french
laws
permits (he has a no-code license).

AMSAT-France is actively preparing his sat hardware (dish, 2,4 GHz
converter, yagi, etc which have to be as light as possible), provides
training and will handle QSL cards.

73 de Jean-Louis F6AGR
AMSAT-France