Re: Echo fundraising idea

All:
I've used PayPal for a while.  Here's my experience:
	When I send money from my credit card, there's a fee.
	When I send money from my paypal account balance there's a much smaller
fee.
	When I receive money for the occasional ebay saile, there's a small fee.

I have NEVER given them access to my checking account, and won't.  Only
motivation to do so would be to make interest on the contents of my
paypal account.

I believe that their fees to receive money are no worse than what
vendors pay to accept a credit card.  This would have to be looked into,
and if paypal is non competetive, then AMSAT should walk away.

I've separately (privately) planted the suggestion that this be
investigated.  If sound economically, it IS a good idea.  And if not,
Paypal needs to be told to get with the program or continue to lose
business.

Thanks to the original suggester for an idea very well worth looking into.

73,
Jim
wb4gcs@amsat.org