Re: Re:L band antenna configuration

On 31 Oct 2003 at 14:07, Stacey E. Mills wrote:

> >This was the planned configuration.  Is this is the actual configuration?
> >Both L band hi gain and low gain
> >are connected together?
>
> I'm not sure exactly where you're quoting from. Echo? AO-40?  I would doubt
> that the antennas are directly connected together, but rather have
> intervening pre-amps (see below).  This is a good option when there's no
> transmit function, as on L-band.  AO-40 is wired this way:
>
>      OMNI --->|Pre-amp#1|---\
>                             C|---->L-band receiver(s)
>    HiGain --->|Pre-amp#2|---/
>
>   C= splitter (combiner)
>
> ..whichever pre-amp is powered, that's the signal you get. Powering off the
> other pre-amp effectively isolates that antenna.  No moving parts to break.

Thank's Stacey I was speaking about AO-40 and i should add "through LNA'S". I'm asking myself this question
when squint will be bad soon, is the use of L band omni alone can make  possible any transponder uses?

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)