PSK 31 on AO-40

n a message dated 10/31/03 9:35:02 PM GMT Standard Time, owner-AMSAT-BB-digest@AMSAT.Org writes:

From: Bob Bruninga <bruninga@usna.edu>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-40 Update, 2003-10-31

I am gearing up to do some PSK-31 testing via AO-40, and it sounds like I
am chosing to do it at the worst time (bad sun angle))...  For those of us
that dont keep up on a daily basis, I wonder if someone has simply posted
a bell curve of link performance versus offset angle?  I guess it should
just be the inverse of the low-gain antenna plot...

Hello Bob.

Just a thought, but the comments I've seen regarding PSK31 is that it's very hard to keep the RX tuned accurately enough to decode on AO-40. - Due to doppler.
If you find thereis a problem you could try some tests using the new PSK63.........It should double the speed but also be 100% more tolerant of the doppler.

73

David  G0MRF