Re:Re: AO-40 Update, 2003-10-31

>Also, when ALAT/ALON gets so bad, do they turn off teh transponder or is
>that a good time to test with weaksignal techniques? (using more power
>to compensate)...
>
>de WB4APR, BOb

Bob,
As a rough estimate (I don't have my notes at the moment) figure on the
passbands being off for the approx. 2-4 weeks that we will need to drift
from ALON = 45 to ALON = 315-330.  The exact time will be better known when
we see the entry spin rate, which determines the drift rate.  The drifting
will start in about 3 weeks.  During this time, ALAT will be elevated >+20
degs and the power budget will be limited, so passbands will be
off.  ...same as last "season".