RE: Antenna

Frank Brickle, AB2KT and I have built several (7 or 8) of
Kent's cheap yagi's.  They just work like gangbusters so
long as you pay attention to the shape of the driven element
and get it to the right impedance.  I have an RF-5 that
has been extremely helpful in building our 2,220, 70cm, etc.
cheap yagi's.  In the fullness of time, this may in fact
be considered Kent's greatest contribution to our art.

http://www.clarc.org/Articles/uhf.htm

Having taken then roving, etc. with a bit of care they
can also be made quite sturdy.

I once had to build one of these while I was in a far away
land from my home for a job I was doing.  You should have
seen the look on the faces of the unsuspecting until it
was figured out how well the thing was working.  It was
replaced with an antenna that cost thousands and did not
work as well (that is the way of government after all is
it not?).  I used a yardstick for one, and a broom
handle for the other.  ;-).

Bob
N4HY