From: Gunther Meisse [mailto:gmouse@neo.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 7:38 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Cc: 'dino'; 'Jan A. King'
Subject: Space Harding of birds - a lesson -

In light of the X17 solar storm that is presently hitting the earth and
the loss of a Japanese communications satellite as a result, this would
be a great time for some of our scientific "Bird Builders" to give us
all a lesson in the procedures of space hardening and the testing that
such components must pass to fly for AMSAT. Such details as: how testing
is done and to what exposure level (X magnitude) are components pushed?
Thanks in advance to those who take the time to teach.
Regards,
Gunther Meisse
W8GSM