RE: so-50 /p qrp

Hi Leon

> For a certain time Howard used 50 mW.

I was running 50mW throughout the contact. AMSAT-UK were doing a demo with a
Kenwood TH-D7 at a Hamfest, and earlier in the pass I'd dropped the power
down to 50mW. We were fully quieting, much to the astonishment of the
audience.

When Leon came on, I'd forgotten I was still on low power... until after the
QSO!

We had a lot of fun doing the demos - we were lucky enough to have an ISS
schools contact flying over as well as a couple of other SO-50 passes. I had
an audience of fifty or so, many listening in with their own HT's and rubber
ducks, blown over by how easy it was to pick up the ISS and SO-50.

For me, these demos are always a tribute to Jerry KK5YY (SK), who was an
inspiration to us all.

73 Howard G6LVB