Re: Radio Shack Receivers.

Ronald A. Stunden" <ve7yc@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Has anyone made a mod on any of the Radio Shack Scanners to cover the 136 -
>138 Mhz for the WX sats?? Thanks, Ron

Which scanner?

If it doesn't already cover this frequency range, you may
have difficulty modifying it to do so - though I modified
my Pro-43 (which did 118 to 174 MHz out of the box)
for unbroken 30 MHz to 1 GHz coverage by swapping
a couple of diodes on the processor board.

Bandwidth can be an issue: I modified the same
Pro-43 by removing the 455 kHz IF filter and replacing
it with a capacitor. Works very well on the weather
satellites.

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte