FYI - InstantTune & FT-857 - It Works

Some time ago I asked the question if anyone had used InstantTune with the
Yaesu FT-857. I was considering purchasing one but wanted to be sure it
could work with my current satellite system (two FT-817s).

After reviewing CAT codes for the FT-817 and the FT-857 I found them to be
similar, if not the same. I recently went ahead and purchased an 857 and
tested it with InstantTune: It works.

I use a two radio system, FT-817 for transmitter and the FT-857 for
receiving. Setting InstantTune config to use FT-817 for both uplink and
downlink works fine. I didn't have to change any InstantTune configuration
setting, it seems to work fine. Look forward to getting back on AO-40 before
she takes her winter break.

Have fun,
Mike
N3WF