Re: 90cm and signal?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emily Clarke" <emily@emilyshouse.com>
To: "Brian" <houge@smart-tech.dk>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] 90cm and signal?

> Hi Brian,
>
> Tnx for the QSO on AO-40 last night.  That was fun!
>
> Last night I was getting about S7-S8 over the noise on AO-40.  I had a
> pretty low squint, so your S5-6 may be OK given that you are farther north
> than I (I'm at 37 degrees north) and that you probably had a larger
squint.

Hi Emily.
Thank you for the QSO.
Im very happy i can make it with my simple setup, but only low elevations,
since
i cant elevate my UHF uplink antenna.

I normaly dont see the beacon above S5, even with squint at 5deg.
Squint 25 or squint 5 is about the signal on downlink signal, thats what i
think is funny.

> 73,
>
> Emily

73.