Re: AO-40 data mode

Robert McGwier wrote:

> Joe:
>
> What a neat idea!

If only it were original!  I came up with it while looking through the professional literature.  I should find the source so I can give proper attribution.  In addition to frequency control, you could derive a clock from the MB, and control your transmit power to maintain proper levels.

Of course another gotcha with this scheme is that the transmitting station must set his frequency accurately with respect to the beacon also.  But if both ends of the link have the proper equipment, this should work pretty well.

Bob,  please take the idea and run with it ... it will take me forever to get it implemented.

-Joe KM1P