Re: AO-40 data mode

One notion I have been thinking about is as follows:  digitize a wide bandwidth, say 40 kHz with your soundcard.  Lock onto the beacon to run your AFC loop.  Then you can digitize the desired signal without worrying about doppler anymore.

Of course the problem with this scheme is that you can't use a standard IF with 3 kHz bandwidth.  You need at least 40 kHz with I/Q outputs.

-Joe KM1P