Re: Digital Voice on AO-40?

The specs seem impressive, but if it was perfect for AO-40 I would think
they would have put it in the brochure.   One issue may be:
    "Header: 1 Sec. 3 tones + BPSK training pattern for synchronization "

I wonder what effect doppler would have on that?  Also,  with 36 carrier
tones poured into 2,5K, that's ~69 hz of separation per carrier center
frequency.  Assuming a guard frequency of 25 percent on each side of each
carrier, that would mean it would be out of it's detection range at ~35
hz.  The question would be - does it send the header to re-sync
periodically or only at the beginning of a transmission.

It doesn't mention it being full duplex, so I would assume you would need
two?  At ~$550 each this seems pretty expensive for very little gain.

- Emily

At 12:18 AM 10/24/2003 +0000, Alan P. Biddle wrote:
>AOR has a new plug and play digital voice unit shown in the latest QST.
>http://aorusa.com/ard9800.html I wonder who will do the first tests on
>AO-40?

W0EEC - CM87tm
ARRL - AMSAT - MSARC - ARCA - Project OSCAR
http://www.projectoscar.net
http://www.emilyshouse.com/W0EEC
http://www.experthams.net/ao7