Re: ICOM AG 2400

On Thursday 23 October 2003 16:05, Jim Sanford wrote:
> Folks:
> Noted on the back of the latest Amsat Journal that ICOM has an S-band
> downconverter to go with my new 910H.  Yet, I can't find anything about
> it on ICOM's web site.
>
> Does anybody have any details on or experience with this thing?  Is it
> worth pursuing?  Does it add any value (like 2400mhz readout on radio)
> over using a drake??
>
> Thanks & 73,
> Jim
> wb4gcs@amsat.org

Hi Jim,
   if you go to...   http://216.101.23.70/ and click on icom ag2400 pdf you
can see its manual..  with <1.5 db nf and > 25db gain its nothing special
other than the price I'm sure...hehe  and no it does not give you a 2400mhz
readout...
  but if your a real ICOM diehard... it and a 4 or 5 foot dish and your all
set...

73
Kevin wa6fwf