RE: Question, FM on AO-40

I agree that people will turn their power up, but that is not the question.
I will repeat my statement to Emily here.

unless I am missing something basic 100 watts PEP into SSTV or RTTY is the
same as 100 Watts on an unmodulated FM signal. Again this argument excludes
the degradation with higher bandwidth.
So unless someone can show me where I am wrong I will make the statement
that:
If I am in the bandpass with no signals within 20Khz either side of me and
my return signal is 10db below the beacon then I am not impacting the use of
the satellite any more that a RTTY or SSTV of equal power.

This is a discussion of philosophy not practice.

Gary Gonnella W6RYO
http://www.w6ryo.com