RE: Yaesu 790R MkII Question

Hi Mike

> Has anybody ever used this radio for Satellite work. I was wondering if
the
> step size could be modified. I would like to see if theirs a way to get it
> to step 20Khz for repeater work?

On the CPU Unit there's a link, which when open does 5/10/20kHz steps and
when closed it does 12.5/25/100kHz steps. It's at the bottom right of the
schematic. I have not done the mod myself, and I have not gone as far as
taking this radio apart that far, so I cannot vouch for ease of
modification.

73 Howard G6LVB