Jewelry Contest Winner

First, Leanore and I would like to thank all of the ~100 entrants and
congratulate the winners.   And also to express our appreciation for the
gracious manner in the acceptance and interest shown by all symposium
attendees regarding this fun event....

Anyone have any ideas for next year??   PLEASE let us know...You become
immediately ineligible, of course, but if you can find two of the
"beginnings" we'll duplicate it, one for you..

Next a huge "thank you" to Barry, va3bjd, and ALL of his crew for their
flawless preparations.  The presentations were excellent, and for those
that did not attend, the PROCEEDINGS should be in every library of
satellite interested amateurs.  Add to that an excellent hotel, bargain
prices and First Cabin hotel personnel in all departments.

Leanore always hands out her copy to someone in the NORTH SHORES AMATEUR
RADIO CLUB in San Diego..

And now the winner, Herb, k6qxb, of Santa Rosa CA.  Second place is
Douglas, ka2upw(an e-mail entry), and third place is Howard, g6lvb.

The "pendant" was found in an old 5 1/4" disk drive removed from an ancient
PC, and the "calculated" resistance is 18.435817 ohms.  I have no equipment
to measure the resistance that accurately, but extrapolation precluded a
tie!  I may never find another one...

Leanore presented Martha with the "baby" based on a formula of her own
design. Please do not e-mail me for the method!...Anyone not attending her
presentation at the banquet email her, ka6ucd@amsat.org and not me!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....