Re: re: NO-45 carrier every 20 seconds

Hi Michael,

> I'm writing all of this to make an offer:  if anyone out there has any
> easy way to generate the AFSK tones (like an old Bell-212) and access to
> an older Windows system (anything with 16-bit DOS), we might be able to
> recover Sapphire.

I think an old "Baycom serial" modem would be ideal for this. Lots of people
had them - it just converted digital to tones and vice versa - all the hard
stuff was done in software. They plugged into the serial port, often getting
power from it.

As far as the terminal program goes, I cant see why Hyperterm wouldnt work,
but you could always use Minicom under Linux.

cheers

Steve, vk5asf