AO-40 Downlink problems

Dear friends,

I have a problem in my downlink receiving. I am using
a AIDC-3731 converted to 2.401/145, a 5turn helix
point to a dish antenna 60cm diameter (The helix is
LHCP and the dish change to RHCP) the downconverter is
conected to a FT-208 pick the 16MHz FI as a converter
and delivery to a TS-140S to receive the signal. The
downconverter is tuned to beter signal strenght.

I not can listen nothin in MB except when the
satellite is aproaching to earth at 30000km I can read
the main beacon but very weak, only 2 db over noise
(metering with s-meter) My noise figure is about 3 or
4 db in TS-140S meter.

I am ask about what is wrong? The noise figure of HT
used as converter is high, or have problem in
downconverter?

Thanks by any help
73, Joaquim PS7JN

Yahoo! Mail - o melhor webmail do Brasil
http://mail.yahoo.com.br