Re: IC-910H preamp power via coax cable?

Hello the Net:

Yes the IC-910H will activate and switch in and out the ICOM series of
mast mounted preamplifiers.

However, the gottcha is using another brand.  How much current will you
need ?

The IC-910H's ability to put DC power on the coax is limited. For one
mast mounted preamplifier, I use legal limit rated
SPDT coaxial relays, that draw about 200 mA each, plus the preamplifier
power of 20 mA.

I had to use an external sequencer to reliably apply power.

QST for November 2003 page 75 has a workable scheme if sequencing is not
needed and an external DC injector is available.

Stan, Wa1ECF