Re: BBQ Dish and G3RUH Patch Focal Point Help

Hi Bruce,

This combination isn't going to work very well since
the BBQ dish needs a feed beamwidth of around
60-75 degrees, depending on which model you have,
but a patch has a beamwidth around 120 degrees.
The patch will tremendously over-illuminate
the dish which is why you can't find the focus.

To use this dish with a circular feed, you would need
to build a helix. But before you do that, did your dish
come with a dipole feed?

Consider that a helix feed with this dish would give you
around +18 dBi (circular) gain but a proper dipole feed
should get you more like +23dBi (linear) so even after
losing the 3 dB for the polarization mismatch, the dipole is
better by at least a few dB.

73,

Tony AA2TX

---