OSCAR-11 Report

Jeff K7XQ writes -

>  I have the soundcard program MixW and want to monitor
> the UO-11 telemetry. What mode should I use ( FM or
> SSB ) and will MixW work by itself or do I need another
> decoding program ??

Your receiver must be in FM mode (NBFM).  MixW will display the ASCII
telemetry, which you can decode manually.  If you want to decode
automatically there is a simple decoding program on my website.

There is a lot of info on the website, and I suggest you look at the end
of the latest news (on the website NOT the amsat-bb version) first, then
download u2hw.zip, mixw.zip, and u2tm.zip.

If you are using Windows XP you might have a problem with the automatic
decoding program, but it works fine with Win98.  Let me know if you have
any problems with this.

> What about also the 2401 MHz telemetry frequency ???

This is just a constant carrier.

Hope this helps.

--
73