Re: RE: Sat Names for LoTW

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:34:11 -0400
sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> LOTW is a "Johnny Come Lately". I suggest that we send letters to the
> ARRL suggesting that THEY get their act together and use the satellite
> names that have already been established. Why in the world would we
> let them create new names and make us change? LOG WINDOW will continue
> to use the name that is supplied by NOVA. Now if NOVA wants to change
> its names then LW will have those new names.
> I would further suggest that LOTW accept as a "match" both AO-07 and
> AO-7, RS12/13 and RS-12 and RS-13. That is the logical thing to do.

The one problem that needs some thought of how to solve is what do you
do when the satellite changes name when it gets accepted.
As an example:

The easiest way is if ARRL has some sort of equivalence table.  I would
hope that they thought of this when they designed it, but satellites may
be the only place where this happens.  If they do this, then adding a
few other names should be easy.